Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Racing through 2013

I didn't do a end-of-the-year post because let's face it, I barely blogged at all so there's not too much to look back on. Big events for me were the Turkey Trot (super proud of my 7:36 pace for 5 miles) and of course the Rehoboth Beach marathon (pretty much super proud of everything about that one!).
So one goal for 2013 will be to blog more, but it does take a back seat to school so we'll see how that goes. I intend to train more consistently (marathon training for me was honestly running two days per week-what?), focus on races a bit more, run (at least) two marathons, and I'm going to hop on the "run 1,000 miles" bandwagon. I also need to get back into strength training so that I don't get hurt (and because I miss my awesomely toned arms!). 
After an email thread sent around by some running friends this evening, here are some races I plan to do or am thinking about doing this year:
  • DC Rock and Roll....half or full. I was intending to do the full but if a couple of friends do the half I'd prefer to do that so that we can hang out later. Still not sure what to do!
  • Chicago marathon
  • Rehoboth Beach marathon (because now it holds a special place in my heart, and hopefully the same crew will want to go!)
  • Brooklyn Half
  • Cherry Blossom 10-miler
  • Big Sur marathon-ish...weird 21 mile run
  • CAPE COD RAGNAR...WOOOO! Clearly, so excited for that one!
There are some other out of town races that I'd love to do, I'm just a bit worried about finances. Fiona suggested the Utah and Vermont marathons, which I'd definitely consider. 

2 comments:

Laura said...

I do Vermont every year, since it was my first marathon and (like Rehoboth does for you) it holds a special place in my heart. It's usually pretty easy to get cheap bus tickets up there (if you don't mind spending extra time) and then a cheap hotel room there. Definitely would encourage you guys to come :)

Shaya said...

Laura, that's awesome to know! I'd definitely love to, and I'll decide over the next few days. Gotta love a <$100 entry fee!